I'm a 3D Environment Artist with 10 years of AAA video game industry experience who is holding a B.A. degree in Graphic Design. I was fortunate enough to work on series such as Borderlands, Gears of War and Infinity Blade. Before my professional career, I had been involved in development of multiple total conversion modifications and multiplayer maps for Source Engine for over 5 years. I'm perfectly comfortable with conducting environment production from scratch to final product including:
- Speed block out & Initial composition
- High to low poly modeling
- PBR Texturing
- Advanced shader setup
- Post-processing & color grading
- Optimizing content for PC, mobile and current generation consoles
I also a have an expertise in creating seamless Virtual Reality experiences by employing technical photography and latest real-time rendering solutions.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for rates and availability.
My Store: https://gumroad.com/artexponent
Working on the new Bioshock title.
Curzon Line (PC)
• Driving creative vision - authoring game design document, working around technical hurdles and smoothing out the player’s experience.
• Art direction - creating a consistent vision of the world by adapting mood boards, concepts and paintovers. Introducing latest, cutting edge software to the content creation pipeline: Unreal Engine 4, Geoglyph, Speedtree, Megascans, Substance Designer & Alchemist.
• Environment art - working on procedurally-assisted large scale levels. Ensuring that we achieve the best possible quality on both macro and micro scale while staying within the performance target.
• Blueprints scripting - creating high-level game systems such as time-of-day, temperature and weather behaviors.
Gears 5 (XONE, XONE X, Win10)
• Participating in a full production cycle - pitching, prototyping, producing and polishing environments.
• Pushing the limits of Unreal Engine 4 while developing fully fledged open world levels.
• Assisting with new team members onboarding.
• Mentoring juniors and fresh graduates as well as helping movie industry veterans to adapt to real-
Gears of War 4 (XONE, Win10)
• Building and optimizing environments for Singleplayer experience.
• Assisting with lighting setups and building shader networks in UE4.
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (PC/X360/PS3)
• Built environments that fit Borderlands' series art direction.
• Helped with optimization effort for all three target platforms.
• Created art assets and assisted with outsource management, that includes: logging asset requests, providing feedback and reducing workflow bottlenecks where possible.
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel - Claptastic Voyage DLC (PC/X360/PS3)
• Creative ownership of 3 levels.
• Assisted with memory and performance optimization across all levels.
• Global lighting and post-process passes.
Unreal Engine 4 Showcase
• Contributed to establishing visual style of samples provided with Unreal Engine 4.
• Prototyped and built environments.
• Requested new tools and features that enhanced pipeline, for environment and shader artists, in UE4.
Gears of War: Judgment DLC (X360)
• Creative ownership of a multiplayer map for overrun mode - Dreadnought.
• Maintained environment art as well as some of shader and optimisation effort within the level.
• Close collaboration with Level Designer. Constant evaluation and iteration on the map's layout and other gameplay aspects.
Gears of War: Judgment (X360)
• Handled building, polishing and optimising levels for the Singleplayer campaign.
• Worked closely with Art Director, Lead Environment Artist and Level Designers to make sure we deliver the best experience possible. The biggest part of my work remains in Chapter 5 – Rooftops.
• Implemented story telling through the environments.
• Prepared promotional materials for E3 2012.
• Translated the game and promotional materials to Polish.
• Designed and built game environment.
Alien Rage (PC/X360/PS3)
• Created art assets and shaders for Sci-fi interiors.
• Built and lit levels with Unreal Engine 3
• Designed and built fantasy themed environments.
• Founded Half-Life 2 total conversion mod.
• Recruited and management multidisciplinary team of 8 to 15 persons.
• Established visual identity of project. That includes environments, weapons, characters and collateral designs.
• Maintained game and level design